Shipping & Returns
It's a bummer when I get something in the mail and it's completely different from what I expected. I do my best to write plentifully and accurately about my products, but I know that eventually someone will receive a product that wasn't quite what they expected. You may return any item in its original condition within 30 days of the ship date, for a refund of the product cost, not including shipping. Please fill out the contact form to initiate the return.
Original condition means the exact condition & configuration in which the yarn or fiber was shipped. The following do not constitute original condition and will not be refunded or returned to you:
- Skeins that have been rewound into balls, cakes, or other skeins
- Yarn that has been worked (knitted, crocheted, woven, frogged, etc)
- Fiber that is not in its original bump, skein, or coil
- Partial skeins, bumps, coils, or fiber amounts
- Any yarn or fiber that is dirty and/or smelly, including smelling of smoke, and including sprinkled with pet hair
Thank you for understanding.
I don't believe in paying more than is necessary for shipping, so I charge exact shipping rates. I use USPS because they are the fastest for the price, and I can ship just about anywhere internationally. Currently, I'm offering first-class, priority, and express services, though that may be subject to change.
A note for international buyers: I like to offer first-class international shipping because it is inexpensive. However, there is no way for me to insure these shipments, so please understand that they are at your own risk. Alpenglow Yarn cannot be held liable for lost or damaged shipments, and also cannot provide tracking or proof of shipment. Items also may not ship immediately since they must be handed to a postal clerk behind the counter at the post office, thus requiring a dedicated trip. If you would like more speed and certainty, please use the international priority service.
I try to be as environmentally friendly as possible with shipping.
- Recycled Tyvek Mailers - I use these because they are the most reliable lightweight envelopes that allow me to send small quantities of yarn first-class. I have had paper, bubble, and poly mailers break, so I don't use them. I buy ones with recycled content. If your local recycler does not accept Tyvek, you can send it to DuPont.
- Recycled Cardboard - When non-USPS boxes are used, they have as much recycled content as I can buy for the size.
- Certified Compostable and Biodegradable Bags - Your yarn will always be inside a waterproof enclosure inside the box or mailer. I use heat-sealable cellophane bags that are certified biodegradable and compostable. They're also advertised to be made carbon zero from sustainable forestry principles. Good-bye zipper bags!
- 100% Recycled Cardstock, Labels, and Paper - These can cost up to 3 times as much as "normal" paper, cardboard, and labels. I feel it's worth it, and that I'm sending a message by buying and using recycled materials.
I include a small lavender sachet with each order. The lavender is grown locally, at Green Acres Lavendar Farm. If you would prefer to not receive a sachet, please indicate that in the order notes.
All items listed on the website are already dyed, in stock, and ready to ship. I ship them as soon as I can, and I strive to ship new orders out on the next working day. Occasionally I will be away from the shop for more than a couple of days, and I'll update the home page with a note at the top.